Hip pain can impact your quality of life in ways that go beyond the mere pain itself. It can prevent you from playing sports, make it hard to sit at a desk and work, or in severe cases, it can limit your ability to walk.
People with chronic hip pain are often uncomfortable at night and experience a reduced quality of sleep. While medical treatment may ultimately be necessary to cure your hip pain, the right mattress can help. Sometimes, the right mattress may be the only solution you need.
What Are the Causes of Hip Pain?
Hip pain can have many causes. Here are a few of the most common reasons someone would suffer from hip pain:
- Muscles can swell if you have used them too much over the course of the day.
- Tight muscles. Tight muscles may result from not stretching prior to physical activity.
- Sports injuries and other accidents can leave the hip feeling painful.
- The bursae are small sacks of fluid that cushion your joints when you move. Bursitis is inflammation of those sacks and it can cause hip pain.
- The cartilage that cushions the bones where they meet at joints can break down. This causes the bones to rub together, which can be painful.
- Tendon attaches muscles to bone. When they become inflamed it is called tendonitis and it can be painful.
- Sciatic pain can be caused by a number of issues and involves tingling and numbness that runs from the lower back down the legs.
- Bone cancer and leukemia can be sources of pain in your hips.
- Bad mattress. A bad mattress can cause hip pain even when no other sources of pain are present.
Some mattresses can make hip pain worse. In fact, some mattresses can even cause joint pain. You can try sleeping in different positions or putting a pillow between your legs if you’re a side sleeper. These may afford you some relief, but if your mattress is the culprit your best option is to get a higher quality mattress.
Even if your hip pain is a result of one of the other causes mentioned, the right choice of mattress can help to alleviate the pain while you work with healthcare providers to resolve or reduce the issue.
What Sort of Mattress Is Best?
If you’re looking for the best mattress for hip pain, try the gel mattress from Intellibed. The Talalay latex foam combined with the patented Gel Matrix honeycomb material provides the right amount of support to prevent hips from sagging while alleviating pressure from the inflamed joint. The gel mattress keeps the spine in proper alignment, and also cushions your body gently so that you feel comfortable and can get to sleep.
The gel mattress by Intellibed is perfect for all types of sleepers, but it can be especially beneficial for those with certain maladies, such as chronic hip pain. Why not treat yourself to a decent night’s sleep every time you go to bed?