What is a Hybrid Mattress?
In the last decade, the number of mattresses on the market has grown explosively. Unfortunately, one thing most of these mattresses have in common is that they are made out of the same technology that was developed back in the 1960s.
What is a hybrid mattress and what is it made of?
Most mattresses are one of two things, either a traditional innerspring mattress or a foam mattress. In the past several years a new kind of mattress has emerged, the hybrid mattress.
It’s pretty much what it sounds like: It’s a mix of two different styles of mattresses. A hybrid mattress combines the benefits of traditional spring coils with multiple layers of foam to satisfy a range of body types and sleeping positions. The foam layers are layered above innerspring coils.
There are several benefits to hybrid mattresses:
– They are more breathable than traditional foam mattresses. The coil unit provides greater airflow through the mattress.
– They are supportive. The combination of coil and foam makes for a supportive surface.
– They are more comfortable than traditional innerspring mattress. The foam layers add comfort to the otherwise uncomfortable coils.
Although the two-component hybrid mattresses have many benefits, a new type of hybrid mattress has entered the market with even greater benefits.
What is the ultimate hybrid mattress?
Intellibed has introduced a hybrid mattress with a third component called Gel Matrix®, the combination of Gel Matrix®, foam, and innerspring coils create the ultimate hybrid mattress.
Gel Matrix® is a co-polymer gelastic, that is molded into a special diamond support structure that buckles under pressure points, providing superior support and pressure point relief.
Intellibed w/Gel Matrix® mattresses are the only ones that use 100% pure gel, which supports your body better and lasts longer. Everything about Gel Matrix® has been meticulously engineered to provide you with the best sleep of your life.
What are the benefits of Gel Matrix®
Gel Matrix® is the primary comfort layer in all Intellibed mattresses. The unique design of the material allows it to do several things all at the same time.
– When a broad surface applies pressure on the Gel, like your back, the Gel columns stand firm providing incredible support. The superior back support can dramatically reduce back pain caused by poor spinal alignment while sleeping.
– One of the most common complaints about memory foam mattresses is that they aren’t soft enough. The real issue, however, is that the foam mattress exerts too much pressure on the body. Under pressure from protruding objects, like your hips and shoulders, the Gel Matrix® columns collapse, eliminating pressure build up. This reduces the discomfort and pain that contributes to chronic tossing and turning.
– Gel Matrix® is also a great material for those who want to sleep cool. The Gel naturally does not absorb heat and the open chamber design allows for airflow to pull heat away from the body.
It’s understandable why hybrid mattresses have grown so much in popularity. Intellibed has created the ultimate hybrid mattress by using a third component, Gel Matrix®. Shop Intellibed mattresses here, and experience the Gel Matrix® difference for yourself.